Saturday, June 07, 2014

Carrie turns 29

Today is my lovely daughter, Carrie Jade's, birthday. I can't believe our first child is on her last "20" birthday. My how time flies.

This was an eventful year for her (and Drew). She worked at Target on Stellhorn this year - going in from 4 am to 8 am - all while being pregnant. It allowed them to have some extra income, it was convenient as far as their kids were concerned, and I think it allowed Carrie a chance for some 'adult' time away from the kids. Plus she has always seemed to like working. Not that she doesn't work plenty hard as a stay-at-home mom. I am so proud of how they have made their family work. I'm sure it can seem a little overwhelming at times, but I think they will be glad they did things the way they did down the road.

Perhaps the biggest event of the past year was the birth of her 3rd child - Caleb Daniel. Another large baby, but I was glad the delivery went well. It's also nice to see her getting back into form as the beautiful young woman she is. And I was pretty ecstatic when I found out his middle name. :)

One of the things I love the most about Carrie is that she is so very similar to me in her head and her heart, but I thank God that she got enough of her mother to make her a much better person than I ever was. She now has a great husband and three super kids - Anna, Bennett, and Caleb. I/we couldn't be more proud of them all.

Tonight we will party together at Dr. John's house, where he is cooking us all filet mignon. There may also be a few more surprises.

Happy Birthday, sweetie!! I love you lots!



1 comment:

JAH said...

It was a good day 29 years ago and every day since. :)