Thursday, February 04, 2016

Dreams


I only occasionally remember my dreams, or even that I dreamed. However, I've had some real doozies in the last week or so. They were very vivid while I was dreaming, and I they were still with me the next morning.

Two days in a row I had strange dreams involving kids hanging all over me. They kept wanting to climb on me, or latch onto me, or put their arm around me. It was driving me nuts (in the dream). They just would not give me any space, and they wouldn't listen to me. That was followed up by dreams with small children who were misbehaving and not listening to me.

I have no idea what the children had to do with it, but I suppose these dreams signaled some type of control issues on my part.

On another night I was dreaming about one of the owners of the company I work for, and his wife. They live in Michigan, and are probably in their mid-late 60's or so, yet in my dream they also owned a club for musicians in Fort Wayne. It was crazy, because not only could I not believe they were involved with the local music scene, but they drove down every night to work at the club. I have no idea what that dream means.

On the heels of that came a dream where I was attending a wedding in an unfamiliar place, but when I got there most of the people were relatives on my mom's side of the family. Oddly enough, I had no clue who the bride and groom were. What was not so odd about the dream was that, as has been the case for me in many dreams (and a couple times in real life), the preacher hadn't shown up for the wedding and they wondered if I could officiate the ceremony.

There were a lot of strange elements - like giant poisonous snakes, a kangaroo chasing me on a bicycle, and a big bed in the middle of the area where they were going to be married. Of course, once again, there were a bunch of kids that I had to keep shewing off the bed.

Incidentally, I agreed to perform the ceremony. I rode my bike to my parents house (apparently) and had my "ministers bible" there, and it had sample ceremonies in it (or something). So I really didn't have a problem with doing the service.

So............... there ya go. I don't know what to make of all this weirdness. There were also a couple former church people involved in several of the dreams, but I'd rather not think or talk about them.

You know... as I type this... it just occurred to me that I started taking a bit of apple cider vinegar around the time I began to have these vivid dreams. I wonder if that has anything to do with it? Hmmm....