Friday, September 25, 2015

To coach or couch


So, the other day I received the annual reminder to renew my coaching certificate. Ugh. There is a $75 fee and I must take at least one class (roughly $400) each year to retain my credentials as a certified leadership coach.

I don't know that it's unreasonable, but I'm not sure I can continue to justify the cost when I'm not making anything from it. I have still not had a single paying customer, so I guess I need to decide if this is really something I want to pursue, or if I might as well just give up and cut my losses.

It would be different if I had a job where this was useful, or if I even had some prospects (on a job, or clients). And, really, I don't even know that it's about the money so much.

Meh... Only gypsies are made in a day. I guess.