Saturday, August 22, 2015

I read a book - scary close

I read an entire book in less than a week. It seems like it's been a long time since I've done that. I started Donald Millers' 'Scary Close' on Monday, and finished it Thursday. I did all of the reading at work. Thursday was a glorious day - I only had a handful of phone calls and customers come in. I can't believe I just used the word "glorious" in a sentence though...

Anyway, it was a good book. It was just over 200 pages, and the print was nice and big and spread well on the page. It was a very easy read. I did seem to underline a lot more at the beginning of the book than the end, but in general it was... nice. Probably not some of Don's best work, but it certainly wasn't a waste of time.

I wrote a couple posts earlier this week about it. I may or may not include another with some of the quotes I underlined. Mostly, though, I was just glad it felt good to read again. It seems I haven't really enjoyed it much lately. I think I've discovered that maybe I'm tired of "how-to" books. You know, the coaching books, and church type stuff... I don't know. It was nice to just read some stories.

So... I did that.