Thursday, October 30, 2014

Random good things

I'm sitting at work on this serenely slow Thursday morning, looking out the front windows at silent trees taking in the Fall air. I like days like this. It also seems a lot of good things have been happening. Some of which are...

It is our daughter-in-law Ricci's birthday today. We are very fortunate to have wonderful kids, and they both ended up with similarly wonderful spouses. Parents can't ask for much more than that.

Last night I had my first of three coaching sessions with an already-certified coach. I thought it went very well. I really enjoyed it. I don't mean to brag, but this just seems like something that I could possibly be good at.

A few minutes ago I took a gander down my Facebook news feed and stumbled upon three gems that really spoke to me in a powerful way today.
  • First I read this Letter from Pastor Steve Tompkins. Dave Fitch shared it. It is a letter of repentance from a leader at Mars Hill Church to the current and former attenders. Very heart-wrenching; really struck a nerve in me; and I hope it's a sign of good things to come.
  • Next, Fitch also shared this article Shia LaBeouf Gets Born Again. The highlighted part was Shia's statement, "I became a Christian man, and not in a f***ing bull***t way, in a very real way." Apparently it happened while he was making the movie 'Fury.' I wanted to see it before I knew this, but now I really want to. Good for you, Shia. He could definitely have spoke at my church when I was a pastor.
  • Third was this splendid Chris Tomlin song, "Jesus Loves Me," on the Worship Together link. Chris has always been a favorite of mine for church music. We probably do this song where I go on Sundays, but I didn't recognize it. It makes me kinda want to pick up a guitar again... a little.
Anyway, I'm enjoying this quiet morning. I have a lot of good things in my life. Just wanted to share a few. Now I'm thinking of closing the office for a bit to run down the street and see the Oscar Mayer wienermobile.

Peace out, folks; and in.

No comments: